Welcome to My Mobile Notary Blogspot where you'll find notary and local information, consumer alerts and great deals, and more. You are welcome to post. If you find something helpful or have suggestions, please let me know about it. Enjoy!

If you are needing notary public or fast 24 hour apostille service in Thousand Oaks or the surrounding areas of Westlake, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Newbury Park, Agoura, Calabasas or beyond, call 805.444.7064

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Have a Nice Day?

I was just thinking today, after someone said "Have a nice day", how now it's part of accepted social salutation. It's like "Nice to meet you". There are so many things that we say unconsciously as a beginning or ending to a social interaction. But when I stopped to think about it after this person said to have a nice day, I took a moment to actually take that in. I mean, I made an intent to have a nice day. I also thought that next time I use this phrase to someone else, I will say it consciously. I don't think I've done that before. It just sort of drops from my mouth unconsciously.

I think that in this busy, over-crowded, telephone voice menu laden, information crazy world, I think it's important to take a minute and look around. I find that with all the running around that I do, I have to make an effort to stop and see around me, ie. really be alive. This morning, as I was thinking about having a nice day, I thought I would use this for myself as a reminder to stop in the day, and use this as a cue for when others tell me to have a nice day. Each time I hear that or say that, I will put the conscious thought in my head to really have a nice day and find all the things in my day that support that thought. Heck, this isn't a dress rehearsal.

Have a wonderful day.

Karen

No comments: